The town’s Arts & Culture in Public Places Board has announced the winners of its inaugural Amherst Awards for the Arts.
Nominations were accepted in six separate categories. The winners are:
• Christian Brandjes, individual artist;
• Amherst Symphony Orchestra, arts organization;
• Marilyn Ciancio, behind the scenes;
• Philip Morey, individual supporter;
• Daemen College, business supporter; and
• Harrison Graser, youth.
Winners will be honored at a luncheon next month at MusicalFare Theatre on Daemen College’s campus. Janet Snyder, the morning host of Kiss 98.5, will serve as emcee.
In other town news, Senior Outreach Services at the Amherst Center for Senior Services is now partnering with Hearts & Hands, a nonprofit organization that uses volunteers to visit, phone, provide transportation or perform minor household maintenance for older, frail or vulnerable people.
Senior Outreach Services can be reached at 636-3070 and the number for Hearts & Hands is 406-8311.
Also this week:
• A meeting of the Amherst Veterans Committee begins at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Amherst Municipal Building, 5583 Main St.
• The Williamsville Village Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday in Village Hall, 5565 Main St.
• The Arts & Culture in Public Places Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building.
• Amherst’s Recycling and Waste Committee meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Municipal Building.
• The Amherst Planning Board meets at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the Municipal Building.