Brittany J. Coleman, 23, of Olean, pleaded guilty Monday before Cattaraugus County Judge Ronald D. Ploetz in Little Valley to a charge of attempted unlawful grand jury disclosure.
Coleman was indicted last November for allegedly tipping off a suspect about developments in his case while she was serving last summer on a Cattaraugus County grand jury. The suspect was facing indictment by the grand jury.
Coleman originally was charged with a felony, but she pleaded guilty to a reduced misdemeanor charge. She is to be sentenced June 16.
In other court action Monday in Little Valley:
• Dean E. Pepper, 41, of Franklinville who was stopped by Seneca Nation marshals from seriously injuring the woman he allegedly was choking in his parked car in the Town of Carrollton last Nov. 25 was spared a prison term on his misdemeanor pleas of Feb. 5 to both unlawful imprisonment and third-degree assault. Pepper was ordered to serve two concurrent terms of three years on probation.
• Leshawn T. Kimbrough, 23, of Olean, pleaded guilty to a felony count of criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third-degree, attempted assault, attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance and obstructing governmental administration, charges all linked to his alleged heroin trafficking in the City of Olean on Jan. 26, 2013, last May 27 and last July 24. Currently held in the Cattaraugus County Jail, he faces a prison term of up to 25 years when he is sentenced July 21.
• Jarret D. Richardson, 20, of Machias, was ordered to serve a prison term of one to three years for his third-degree burglary conviction for a Town of Machias break-in last Sept. 10. Cattaraugus County District Attorney Lori Pettit Rieman said state troopers who arrested Richardson said they found all the stolen goods involved in the suspect’s car after he was taken to jail that day.
• Juanita M. Rivera, 36, of Salamanca, who had been in custody at the Cattaraugus County Jail following her arrest in the Town of Red House last Oct. 5 for a Leandra’s Law aggravated drunken driving conviction for having three children among the seven passengers in her vehicle was released from the county jail hours after the judge ordered her to serve five years on probation. The judge also revoked her driver’s license for the next full year. Rivera pleaded guilty Feb. 5 to the felony DWI charge which carried a possible four-year prison term.
• Donald J. Gleason, 24, of Salamanca, was ordered to serve up to six months in the Cattaraugus County Jail on his conviction for failing to register with the New York State Sex Offender Registry when he moved in the county last September.
• Joseph L. Nichols III, 37, of Olean, pleaded guilty to fourth-degree grand larceny for the theft of a credit card in the City of Olean last May 3. He faces sentencing May 4.
• Leanne L. Vickman, of Olean, pleaded guilty to attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance in the fifth degree for an attempted drug sale in the Town of Franklinville last June 25. She faces sentencing June 16.
• Zachary M. Fisher, 19, and Joshua R. Cossairt,17, both of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging them with fourth-degree grand larceny, criminal possession of a weapon and petit larceny for the theft of a firearm in the City of Olean last Oct. 5.