Dryer lint sparks house fire - The Buffalo News
print logo

Dryer lint sparks house fire

FALCONER – Excess dryer lint that ignited caused a house fire on South Work Street on Saturday night, the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office said.

The dryer lint in the vent pipe of a second-floor apartment at 174 S. Work St. sparked the blaze at 10:20 p.m., the Sheriff’s Office said.

A person in the second-floor apartment was able to escape uninjured and is being helped by the Red Cross.

No damage estimate for the property was released.

A first-floor apartment was vacant at the time of the blaze.

There are no comments - be the first to comment