“One man crime wave” faces 50 years behind bars - The Buffalo News
print logo

“One man crime wave” faces 50 years behind bars

A Selkirk Street man who terrorized the city’s Riverside community last summer pleaded guilty as charged Friday in a wave of violent incidents in the Ontario Street area.

Jordan Williams, 21, pleaded guilty before State Supreme Court Justice M. William Boller to four counts of second-degree robbery, one attempted robbery charge in the second-degree and one count of robbery in the third degree for incidents between June 15 and last Aug. 28

Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III, who labeled Williams a “one-man crime wave,” noted he admitted robbing one of his victims twice. Sedita emphasized that Williams pleaded guilty to the highest charges he would have faced had he gone to trial.

The district attorney, who noted the defendant was being prosecuted under “the fullest extent of the law,” said Williams attacked a 19-year-old man on June 15 but fled empty-handed after his victim offered resistance.

But on Aug. 28, Williams blindsided the same victim, punching him in the face, breaking his glasses and stealing his portable videogame.

On Aug. 16, Williams knocked a 44-year-old man from his bicycle never Riverside Park and stole thats bike, Sedita said.

On Aug. 18, and armed with a BB gun, Williams and an accomplice still being sought robbed a 25-year-old man of cash when the victim got off a bus in the Tonawanda Street area after a day of work. On Aug. 22, Williams punched a 67-year-old maintenance worker at the Albright Knox Art Gallery in the back of the head and stole his wallet, keys, watch and ring after leaving Riverside home.

Also on Aug. 22, Williams and the accomplice used a BB gun to rob a 63-year-old Ontario Street man who was putting out the garabage at the time. They escaped with $10, Sedita said.

Boller warned Williams he faces a mandatory prison term of up to a 50 years when sentenced May 12.

Sedita praised the work on the case by Assistant District Attorney John P. Feroleto of the Tactical Prosecution Unit and the investigative work of Buffalo Police Detectives Bart A. Adams and Margaret J. Dragone.

“Because of all their efforts, a one-man crime wave was checked and a thug was brought to justice,” Sedita said.

email: mgryta@buffnews.com

There are no comments - be the first to comment