An organ recital will be held this afternoon at St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, as part of its 150th anniversary celebrations.
The concert, which begins at 2 p.m. at 3512 Clinton St., will feature the former and current organists. Other musicians will perform, and there will be some old-fashioned hymn singing.
The community is welcome at the event, after which light refreshments will be served.
Also this week:
• The annual Taste of St. Peter’s begins at 11:30 a.m. today in St. Peter’s United Church of Christ, 1475 Orchard Park Road. Guests will vote for the best in hors d’oeuvres, soup, chili, salad, vegetable, entree and dessert categories. A youth category also will be included. Tickets, which will be sold at the door, are $3 for adults; $2 for children; kids 5 and younger eat for free. The maximum family amount is $7.
• A special meeting of the West Seneca School Board has been called for 6:30 p.m. Monday in the teacher center (conference room 203B) at West Elementary School, 1397 Orchard Park Road. The board will approve a change to the April meeting schedule and also approve April 21 as a student attendance day.
• The Town Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at Town Hall, 1250 Union Road.
• The West Seneca Wellness Fair: A Celebration of Body, Mind and Spirit, is scheduled for 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday in West Middle School, 305 Center Road.
• A meeting of the Zoning Board of Appeals begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers.
• Houghton College Adult Education is hosting a graduate school fair from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the Palladian Building, 2732 Transit Road, West Seneca. Representatives from area colleges and universities will be present to answer questions about graduate school. The public is welcome.
• Rep. Brian Higgins, D-Buffalo, will hold a “Congress on Your Corner” event from 10 a.m. to noon Friday in the Senior Center, 4620 Seneca St. Residents will have an opportunity to speak with someone from the congressman’s staff about federal matters.
• The Burchfield Nature and Art Center will offer a variety of fun, educational activities for children in kindergarten through fourth grade during school break on April 15, 16 and 17. Spring Wonders Camp will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. each day at the Center, located at 2001 Union Road in West Seneca.
Pre-registration is required, and class sizes are limited. Participants are enrolled on a first-come basis. Cost of the camp is $10 per session or $25 for all three sessions. Each additional child in the family may attend for $7.50 per session or $18 for three sessions.
Registration forms are available on the website at www.BurchfieldNAC.org or in the foyer at the BNAC, 2001 Union Road, West Seneca. Call 677 4843 for more information.