The Planning Board will consider proposals for housing projects, as well as a discount store, when it meets at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday in Room 901 in City Hall.
Ellicott Development is renovating the third floor of the W.S. Hein Publishing Company building at 1285 Main St. into 19 market-rate apartments, with basement parking. The building is two blocks south of the Utica Street Metro Rail station.
Carmina Wood Morris, meanwhile, is planning two mixed-use developments. They’re seeking support for a renovation of the Byers Building at 505 Pearl St. for residential and commercial use, as well as the renovation of 550 Seneca St. into 31 market-rate apartments and 5,400 square feet of office space.
The board also will consider plans for a Dollar General store at 244 Forest Ave., west of Grant Street.
Also this week:
• The Council’s Civil Service Committee meets at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• A meeting of the Council’s Finance Committee begins at 10 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Buffalo Urban Development Corp. meets at noon Tuesday in the fifth-floor conference room at 95 Perry St.
• The Council’s Community Development Committee will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers. Lawmakers will review an agreement with Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation to manage Canalside; consider a purchase agreement with Legacy LaSalle Development for land near LaSalle Avenue, where the company plans housing in a gated community; and consider a $1.4 million purchase agreement for the Market Arcade building at 615-623 Main St. with Sinatra Realty.
• A meeting of the Council’s Legislation Committee begins at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers, where a measure that would allow city firefighters to carry an antidote for heroin overdoses will be discussed. Also on the agenda are plans for a hookah bar in the Elmwood Village.
• Ellicott District Community Development Inc. will sponsor a workshop on home maintenance tips, and grants and loans for home improvement projects, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at 644 William St. For reservations, call 856-3262.
• The Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority, the city’s control board, meets at 1 p.m. Wednesday in the first-floor conference room of the Market Arcade complex, 617 Main St. Beforehand, the board’s Audit, Finance and Budget Committee will meet at 12:30 p.m. in the same location.
• A meeting on potential historic preservation designations for the east side of the Elmwood Village will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Bulger Communication Center East at Buffalo State College.
The boundaries of the neighborhood include the east side of Elmwood Avenue to Delaware Avenue, and the area between North Street and Iroquois Drive.
• The Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency meets at 9:30 a.m. Thursday in Room 209 of City Hall.
• The Preservation Board will meet at 3 p.m. Thursday in Room 901 of City Hall.