Events this week at the Central Library, Lafayette Square, include: Young Audiences Student Artworks Showcase, 5 to 6 p.m. today; Buffalo Academy of Science School – Poetry Slam, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. today; LEGO Club, 2 to 3:30 p.m. Saturday.
CEPA Gallery, 617 Main St., will hold a Photography for Teenagers workshop from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays, beginning this week and ending April 12. For more information, call 856-2717.
The DigiTalent Digital Design Contest will announce the winners and showcase the work of juniors and seniors from area high schools from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at Bryant & Stratton, 3650 Millersport Highway, Getzville. For more information, call 625-6300 or email email@example.com.
• Dog Ears Bookstore & Cafe in South Buffalo announced the winners of its poetry contest that was held for students at Notre Dame Academy. Contest winners are Noah White, Julia Acosta, Sophie Robinson and Samantha Palya.
• Jimmy Featherstone, a 15-year-old pianist who is a high-honor student at Amherst High School, won two first-place awards at the Toronto Music Festival.
The Theatre of Youth, 203 Allen St., will kick off its next production, “Robin Hood,” with performances at 7 p.m. Friday and 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The show will continue at 2 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through April 6. Tickets are $26-$28. For information, call 884-4400, Ext. 304, or visit www.theatreofyouth.org.
• St. Mary’s High School, 142 Laverack Ave., Lancaster, will present “Footloose” at 7:30 p.m. today, Friday and Saturday. Tickets are $6-$8. A weekend pass for all three performances is $20. Call 683-4824 or visit www.smhlancers.org to purchase tickets. Pictured, from left, are Samantha Cousineau, Matthew Wrobel, Victoria Powell and Alexander Hokaj.
• The John F. Kennedy High School Drama Club will present “Shrek the Musical” at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday in Greenauer Auditorium, 305 Cayuga Creek Road, Cheektowaga. Tickets, which will be sold at the door, are $5-$10.
• The Canisius High School Drama Club will present “Anything Goes” at 7:30 p.m. today, Friday and Saturday in the school auditorium, 1180 Delaware Ave. Tickets, which can be purchased from cast members or at the door, are $5-$10.