Looking for a bite to eat or drinks before or after a game? There are plenty of restaurants to choose from not far from First Niagara Center. Chippewa Street is home to several places that will fit the bill, and much of the crowd will be headed there. Here are some other options:
1. LagerHaus 95, 95 Perry St., 200-1798. German food and beer.
2. Buffalo Iron Works, 49 Illinois St., 200-1893. Bar with a poutine specialty.
3. Pearl Street Grill and Brewery, 76 Pearl St., 856-2337. Vast brewery serves pub food.
4. The Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino, 1 Fulton St., 299-1100. Offers three places to eat and drink.
5. Helium Comedy Club, 30 Mississipi St., 853-1211. Pub-style menu.
6. Cobblestone Bar, 130 South Park Ave., 848-1930. A short walk from the arena.
7. Swannie House, 170 Ohio St., 847-2898. Old-fashioned neighborhood bar.
8. Washington Square, 295 Washington St., 849-0619. Classic pregame stop for wings.
9. Liberty Hound, 1 Naval Park Cove, 845-9173. Waterfront views, food, drinks.
10. Milo’s, 126 Michigan Ave., 856-4342. Blue-collar lunch counter.
11. Pettibones Grille, 275 Washington St., Coca-Cola Field, 846-2100. Restaurant and bar overlooks baseball field.
12. The Archer, 268 Main St., 768-4661. Fine dining with bar.
13. Irish Times, 38 Swan St., 854-2199. Irish food and brews.
14. The Buffalo News, corner of Scott and Washington streets. Hot dogs, burgers, chicken and more will be grilled in front of the building. The fifth-floor cafeteria will also be open to the public.
Just a short drive
Chef’s, 291 Seneca St., 856-9187. A Buffalo favorite; big red sauce Italian menu.
DiTondo’s, 370 Seneca St., 855-8838. Italian lunch and bar; try the spaghetti Parm.
D’Arcy McGee’s, 257 Franklin St., 853-3600. Irish food and spirits.
Bambino, 297 Franklin St., 240-9851. Lively Italian theater district spot.
Sea Bar, 475 Ellicott St., 332-2928. Serves meat and potatoes … and sushi.
Laughlin’s, 333 Franklin St., 842-6700. Calls itself “a hearty Buffalo bistro.”
Gene McCarthy’s, 73 Hamburg St., 855-8948. Historic neighborhood tavern with updated beer menu.
Carbone’s, 568 South Park Ave., 855-1749. Pizza, wings and subs.
Cabaret, 490 Pearl St., 842-4181. Casual dining in the Theater District.
Perk’s, 36 Broadway, 856-0709; 523 Main St., 856-0840. Coffee shop and sandwiches.
Butterwood Sweet and Savory, 391 Washington St., 652-0131. Eclectic dining extensive desserts.
Waterline, 50 Lakefront Blvd., 464-3432. Cafe with soups and sandwiches.
Sue’s New York Deli, 130 S. Elmwood Ave., 852-0055. Reliable salads and sandwich spot.
Tudor Lounge, 335 Franklin St., 855-9643. Working-class downtown bar.
Courtyard, 127 Franklin St., 847-9888. Breakfast and lunch spot.
31 Club, 31 Johnson Park, 332-3131. Fine dining and a classic bar.