Polls are open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday for Hamburg’s village elections, with voting taking place in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
There are two candidates for justice: Incumbent Andrew Fleming is being challenged by Timothy J. Kane for a four-year term.
Running unopposed for the Village Board are incumbent Mayor Thomas J. Moses Sr., Deputy Mayor/Trustee Thomas Tallman and Trustee Mark Colmerauer.
Also this week:
• The Frontier Central School Board is continuing its review of applications and resumes for superintendent. Meetings are scheduled for 4:30 p.m. Monday and 5 p.m. Tuesday in Room 204 of the Frontier Educational Center, 5120 Orchard Ave. The board plans to go into executive session each day, and does not plan to take any action outside of executive session.
• The town’s Planning Board has a regular meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Room 7B Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
• A work session of the Hamburg Village Board begins at 5:30 p.m. Monday, followed by a regular meeting at 7, in Village Hall.
• The Hamburg School Board will conduct a work session and community forum on the budget at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in Union-Pleasant Elementary School, 150 Pleasant Ave.
• The Hamburg Village Architectural Review Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• A Blasdell Village Board meeting begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• Rick Batt, a professor at Buffalo State College, will discuss “Seashells through Geologic Time: A look at Fossil Mollusks and their Modern Counterparts,” at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the auditorium of the Gateway Executive Office, 3556 Lake Shore Road.