Where to get help - The Buffalo News
print logo

Where to get help

Teenagers tend to display different signs of depression than adults or young children. If you know a young adult who may be exhibiting signs of depression, such as performing poorly in school, failing to maintain healthy relationships, consistently seeing the school nurse, commonly mentioning suicide or exhibiting constant emotions of sulkiness, sadness, extreme negativity or irritability, they may be experiencing symptoms of depression.

If you think that you have depression and need someone to talk to, the Mental Health Association of Erie County has a telephone service for individuals exclusively under the age of 18: Call 834-1144.

For more news, help and information, visit the website for the National Institute of Mental Health at www.nimh.nih.gov.

Where to get help

There are no comments - be the first to comment