• Published

IRVING – A house in Irving was heavily damaged by fire that began Tuesday morning in a faulty wood stove pipe and ignited combustibles in a crawl space and spread to the rest of the house at 12836 Erie Street, the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office reported.

Two residents of the house escaped without injury. The Irving Fire department responded to the fire about 11:36 a.m. and was assisted by fire crews from Dunkirk, East Dunkirk, Forestville, Hanover Center, Sheridan, Silver Creek and Sunset Bay.

Click here to see the comments. Add yours now!