State Police sobriety checks for Super Bowl weekend led to charges against six motorists Sunday at a Clinton Street checkpoint in Elma. Police said 375 vehicles drove through the checkpoint, with only six arrests being made.
• Thomas P. Collopy, 45, of Buffalo, charged with felony driving while intoxicated because he had a prior DWI conviction and a blood-alcohol level of 0.16 per cent, twice the state’s legal limit.
• Coty A. Dunbar, 20, of Cheektowaga, charged with DWI and felony aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the first-degree because he was driving with a suspended license.
• Christopher T. Jezioro, 48, of Lancaster, with DWI.
• Vincent Laffrata, 64, of Elma charged with felony DWI because of a prior DWI conviction.
• Cheryl Wyman, 43, of Elma, DWI and possession of a controlled substance in the seventh-degree and possession of prescription pills not in their original container.
• Thomas Judasz, 18, of Elma, unlawful possession of marijuana allegedly found in his car.
All six face Elma Town Court sessions in several weeks.