Among proceedings this week before Judge Ronald D. Ploetz in Cattaraugus County Court in Little Valley, an Olean senior citizen pleaded not guilty to a 98-count child pornography indictment and a middle-aged Olean man pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting a teenage girl nearly three years ago.
Larry E. Westfall, 70, was charged by a Cattaraugus County grand jury with the felony counts of promoting a sexual performance by a child for allegedly amassing a child pornography collection between Nov. 3, 2011 and July 30, 2013.
Edward D. Prince, 49, was charged by a county grand jury with two counts of third-degree rape, endangering the welfare of a child and first-degree criminal contempt for allegedly having sex with a 16-year-old girl in Olean in June 2011 and violating court protection orders by attempting to contact his alleged victim again.
Also this week:
• Jason A. Hogle, 30, of Olean was sentenced as a prior felon to serve two to four years on his Dec. 11, 2013 guilty plea to felony possession of stolen property, identity theft and attempted witness intimidation charges just as his jury trial was about to begin. Cattaraugus County District Attorney Lori Pettit Rieman said Hogle, who served several brief prison terms since 2004 for burglary and grand larceny convictions, got into trouble again in the Town of Hinsdale in December 2012, trying to influence a witness in his latest thefts.
• David C. Benson, 46, of Olean, was ordered to serve a prison term of up to five years and then face 2 years of post-release supervision on his conviction on felony drug sale charges for a City of Olean drug deal on June 22, 2012.
• Christopher D. Burton, 26, of Olean, was ordered to serve up to two years in the Cattaraugus County Jail on his Nov. 18, 2013 guilty plea to third-degree burglary and third-degree attempted burglary and petit larceny counts for a series of incidents in Olean last year.
• Thomas L. Barone, 42, of Gowanda, was placed on probation for five years, ordered to pay $623.63 in restitution and fined $500 on his conviction on charges of attempted assault and criminal mischief for firing at a snowplow driver with a BB gun in the Town of Persia on Feb. 20, 2013.
• Jennifer J. Stives, 35, of Olean was placed on probation for five years on her guilty pea last Nov. 18 to attempted sales of drugs in Olean twice last March.
• Douglas E. Goodwin, 23, of Williamsport, Pa., pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with felony reckless endangerment, criminal mischief, unlawfully fleeing a police officer, unlicensed driving and reckless driving and 19 traffic citations linked to a high speed police chase from Olean to his hometown last July 13.
• Julie R. Richardson, 24, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging her with felony criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree for her arrest while allegedly in possession of a quantity of heroin in Olean last Aug. 15.
• Zachary D. Ellis, 30, of Fredonia, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with driving while intoxicated, aggravated unlicensed driving and traffic violations of moving from a lane unsafely and parking on pavement for his arrest in the Town of Randloph last May 15 when he allegedly had a blood-alcohol reading of 0.13 percent and his license was suspended because of an earlier alcohol conviction.
• Frederick J. Alexander II, 20, of Yorkshire, pleaded guilty to third-degree burglary, criminal mischief and making a false written statement for incidents last August in his hometown. He faces sentencing March 31.
• Jesse E. Smith, 21, of Olean, pleaded guilty to two counts of third-degree burglary for incidents in the Towns of Hinsdale and Olean July 10 and Aug. 17. He faces sentencing May 12.
• Nadia J. Dellapenta, 17, of Randloph, pleaded guilty to an attempted burglary charge for a Town of Randolph incident last June. She faces sentencing May 19.
• Patrick A. Cook, 24, of Irving, waived a grand jury presentation and pleaded guilty as charged to criminal possession of a controlled substance in the fifth degree for his arrest in the Town of Conewango last Aug. 22. He faces sentencing May 19.
• Phillip J. Boudreaux, 47, of Olean, pleaded guilty to criminal sale of a controlled substance in the fifth degree for an Olean drug deal on Jan. 11, 2013. Currently held at the Cattaraugus County Jail, he faces sentencing March 31.
• Jesse J. Conner, 35, of Olean, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of welfare fraud in the fourth degree and a misdemeanor count of petit larceny for getting welfare benefits illegally from December 2010 to July 2011. He faces sentencing March 31.