• By
  • Published

TOWN OF LOCKPORT – A Lockwood Drive resident got a lucky break Sunday morning when his house caught fire while he was trying to thaw frozen water pipes.

Sheriff’s deputies said the 10:48 a.m. fire at 1110 Lockwood Drive apparently burned itself out, leaving the siding, insulation and a small area of the home’s wood frame damaged. It was believed that the home would remain habitable, deputes said.

The 69-year-old homeowner told deputies the fire started in the area of his hot water tank. The Rapids Fire Company responded to the scene.

Click here to see the comments. Add yours now!