• Published

A child playing with a lighter sparked a fire this morning at a home in the 200 block of Floss Avenue on the city’s East Side, Buffalo fire officials said.

Firefighters were called to 200 Floss near East Delevan Avenue at 11:28 a.m. for a report of fire on the first floor of the 2 ½-story wood-frame dwelling, officials reported.

The child and two adults were able to flee the home, which was extensively damaged. The fire was reported under control at 11:48 p.m.

The Red Cross was called to assist the family, which was left homeless by the fire. Fire investigators listed damage at $20,000 to the building and $5,000 to its contents.

Click here to see the comments. Add yours now!