A 23-year-old Olean woman has pleaded not guilty before Cattaraugus County Judge Ronald D. Ploetz in Little Valley to a felony charge of unlawful grand jury disclosure for allegedly tipping off a suspect to grand jury action while she was a Cattaraugus County grand juror in August and September 2012.
Brittany J. Coleman faces a possible prison term of up to four years on the felony charge. Cattaraugus County District Attorney Lori Pettit Rieman would not disclose the nature of the grand jury leak, citing state law on the secrecy of grand jury proceedings.
Also this week, sentencings were scheduled for Jan. 27 for the guilty pleas of:
• David A. Foster, 57, of Olean, to a felony charge of criminal sale of a controlled substance in the third degree for a drug sale in the City of Olean on Jan. 18. Foster remains jailed.
• David C. Benson, 45, of Olean, to a felony charge of criminal sale of a controlled substance in the third degree for a drug sale in Olean on June 22, 2012.
• Christopher D. Burton, 25, of Olean, to a felony charge of attempted burglary in the third degree for a series of incidents in the City of Olean earlier this year.
In other cases:
• Justin M. Martin, 34, of Cuba, waived indictment and pleaded guilty to a felony charge of driving while intoxicated for his arrest in the City of Salamanca on Aug. 16.
• Jennifer J. Stives, 33, of Olean, pleaded guilty to felony criminal sale and possession charges for drug deals in the City of Olean on March 6 and March 16.
• Christopher C. Reding, 27, of Randolph, was sentenced to five years of probation, ordered to perform 240 hours of community service, fined $1,000 and ordered by Ploetz to have an ignition interlock device installed on any car he drives should he regain his driver’s license. The judge revoked Reding’s license on his guilty plea to a felony charge of driving while intoxicated for his arrest in the Town of Napoli on Oct. 26, 2012.
• Alfred L. Hathaway Jr., 18, of Salamanca, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with burglary in the second degree, grand larceny in the fourth degree, criminal possession of stolen property and felony criminal mischief for a City of Salamanca house break-in April 30 in which he allegedly stole firearms and damaged property.
• Casey J. Marino, 26, of Franklinville, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with second- and third-degree burglary and grand larceny for a Town of Ellicottville house break-in early in May.
• Darryl V. Myers, 42, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with failing to register as a convicted New York State Sex Offender this summer.
• Ryan O. Puccinelli, 24, of Olean, was ordered to remain jailed after he pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with second- and third-degree burglary, grand larceny, criminal possession of stolen property and criminal mischief for the theft of over $3,000 in property during a City of Olean house burglary in June.
• Nadia J. Dellapenta, 16, of Randolph, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging her with third-degree burglary, criminal mischief, criminal trespass and petit larceny for a Town of Randolph house break-in early in June.