Ramona D. Popowich
Candidate for councilmember on Amherst Town Board
Lines on Ballot: Dem, Con, WF
Number of years living in town: 30
Occupation/Employer: D’Youville College supervisor of teacher candidates
Top campaign platform agendas:
• Supports police and volunteer firefighters.
• No cuts in services.
• No six-story hotels in your backyard.
• A smart growth future with thoughtful long-range planning.
Biggest issues facing the town:
• Negative impact of uncontrolled development on neighborhoods, traffic, emergency-response times, environment.
• The increase demand this uncontrolled development puts on roads and aging sewer-water infrastructure.
• Tax breaks to developers is lost revenue for both town and school district.