Overheated cigarette lighter chases deer spotters from car on fire - The Buffalo News

Share this article

print logo

Overheated cigarette lighter chases deer spotters from car on fire

HARTLAND – A nocturnal outing Friday evening to spotlight deer ended with a Gasport man’s car erupting in flames, Niagara County sheriff’s deputies said.

Deputies said the incident occurred in the 3900 block of Dale Road just before 8 p.m., when a cigarette lighter used to power the spotlight overheated and caught fire, forcing three occupants to flee the car. Gasport Chemical Hose Company extinguished the fire in the car, which was heavily damaged.

There are no comments - be the first to comment