More than 70 tables of discounted items will be featured at the Western New York Toy, Comic Book & Collectible Show, which will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today in Knights of Columbus, 2735 Union Road.
Guest artists are Kurt Lehner, Shane Kirshenblatt, Bob Krause, Frank Villa Sr. and Dennis John Glinski. Also appearing is wrestler “The Fabulous” Frankie Villa Jr.
Admission is $4 for adults; children age 12 and younger enter for free. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Variety Club of Buffalo.
Also this week:
• A work session of the Town Board begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Council Office conference room at Town Hall, 3301 Broadway.
• The Cheektowaga Central School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Pine Hill Education Center, 1635 E. Delavan Ave.
• A meeting of the Cleveland Hill School Board begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Community Room at 105 Mapleview Road.
• “Eleanor Roosevelt – First Lady of the World,” is the topic at Thursday’s meeting of the Cheektowaga Historical Association, which begins at 7 p.m. in the Senior Center, 3349 Broadway. Guest speaker is Ann Marie Linnabery, assistant director of the Niagara County Historical Society. The meeting is open to the public; refreshments will be served.
• A flu shot clinic will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday in the Senior Center, 3349 Broadway. Medicare Part B, Independent Health, Univera and BlueCross BlueShield health insurance will be accepted; bring your insurance cards. Call 686-3930 to make an appointment.
• Maryvale Drive Presbyterian Church, 425 Maryvale Drive, is hosting its annual spaghetti dinner and theme tray raffle from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday. Dinner includes all-you-can-eat spaghetti, salad, bread, beverage and dessert. Tickets for the event, which benefit the church’s general fund, are $8 for adults, $7 for seniors and $4 for children ages 4 to 10; admission is free for children three and younger. Call the church at 892-4426 for tickets.