• The Niagara Frontier Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers, monthly meeting, Crazy Jake’s Restaurant, 26 Webster St., North Tonawanda. Topic: Emergency Medical Care in the Workplace. Required reservations at www.nfasse.org.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 818-2526 or www.bniemt.com.
• Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., Monster Mini Golf, 3386 Sheridan Drive, Tonawanda. Free to Chamber members and prospective members. Reservations 632-6905
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
• BOMA, Greater Buffalo, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Acqua Restaurant, 2192 Niagara St., Buffalo. Reservation information 856-3801.
• National Association of Purchasing Management (NAPM)-Buffalo and APICS-Buffalo, the Association for Operations Management, joint professional development meeting, 5 p.m., Samuel’s Grande Manor, 8750 Main St., Clarence. Topic: Reducing Supply Chain Costs While Enhancing Performance. Cost; $25 members and guests; $15 full time students. Information and registration, www.apics-buffalo.com, www.napmbuffalo.com or 648-0972.
• Niagara Frontier Subcontractors Association, Tour of the Richardson Olmsted Complex, 5:30 p.m., Forest and Elmwood Ave, followed by drinks and appetizers at Cole’s Restaurant, 1104 Elmwood Ave. Hard hats provided, closed toe shoes are mandatory. Dress warm. Cost $25/person. Reservations Cheryl 875-4627 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Binational Economic and Tourism Alliance, Enterprising Women Series, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Jackson Triggs Niagara Estate Winery, 2145 Niagara Stone Road/RR 55, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont. Topic: Session Five: Medical Services and Resources for the Baby Boom Generation Serving the Evolving Lifestyle & Health Needs of Zoomers. Cost: Free members; $35 nonmembers, credit card pre-payment required. Reservations email@example.com or 261-2001, Ext. 102.
• The West Seneca Rotary Club, 7:45 a.m., Columns Banquet Center, 2221 Transit Road, Elma. Information www.wsrotary.org.
•The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Olive Tree Restaurant, 5240 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8:30 a.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Reservations 632-6905.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1117.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking–Amherst meeting, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Canisius Amherst Conference Center, 300 Corporate Parkway, Amherst. Reservations firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Grand Island Professional Women’s Chapter, New York State Women, dinner meeting, 6 p.m., River Oaks Golf Club, 201 Whitehaven Road, Grand Island. Reservations, 308-6230 or email email@example.com.
Seminars and classes
• Clarence Chamber of Commerce, Women in Business Conference, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Samuel’s Grand Manor, 8750 Main St,, Williamsville. Program: Communication Tips For Women In Business, with keynote speaker Linda Pellegrino, host of WKBW AM Buffalo. Workshops: What Message Are You Sending and Social Media-How, Why and When to use Social Media. Cost: $50/person; $25/students. Information 631-3888 or www.clarencechamber.org.
• Buffalo Niagara Sales & Marketing Executives, Demand Forecasting to Boost Profits workshop, 11:30 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Cost: $15 members; $25 nonmembers, includes lunch. Registration 662-2279 or www.bnsme.org.
• The Erie County Department of Senior Services, Powerful Tools for Caregivers, a six-session education program, 1-3:30 p.m., through Nov. 2, Amherst Senior Center, 370 John James Audubon Parkway, Amherst. Free on-site respite care for the memory impaired. Cost $25 and includes a copy of The Caregiver Helpbook. The complete course is covered for all Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Western New York and Independent Health members. Information and required pre-registration, Erie County Department of Senior Services 858-2177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Niagara County Community College Small Business Development Center and the North Tonawanda Library, business workshops for local business owners, 6-8 p.m., North Tonawanda Library, 505 Meadow Drive, North Tonawanda. Topic: Developing a Marketing Plan. Registration 210-2515 or email@example.com; information www.niagarasbdc.org.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Info:886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information 553-8883.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, Forum with Candidates for Cheektowaga Town Board, noon, Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Cost: $20 Chamber members; $25 future members. Reservations 684-5838.
• Working For Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa, Buffalo. Information 854-2314.
•The Buffalo Chapter of the Product Development and Management Association, speaker event, 6-8 p.m., HealthNow–Conference Room 1506, 257 West Genesee St., Buffalo. Program: Stage-Gate for Smaller Businesses, presented by Mike Wiebe. Cost: $20 members & students; $30 nonmembers. Registration pdma.org/p/cm/ld/fid=55.
• Buffalo Without Borders, presented by the International Institute of Buffalo, sponsored by M&T Bank, 6-8 p.m., Asbury Hall, 341 Delaware Ave, Buffalo. Food, entertainment and crafts from Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East. Tickets $35. Registration www.iibuff.org; information 883-1900.
Seminars and classes
• The Medaille College School of Adult and Graduation Education and Counseling and Psychology mental health workshop, 6-8 p.m., SAGE Amherst Campus, 30 Wilson Road., Amherst. Program: Assessing and Managing Clients in Crisis: What that Means for You and Them. Free and open to all psychiatry and mental health professionals, crisis counselors, family counselors and anyone interested in grief or crisis counseling.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• Buffalo Urban Development Real Estate Committee meeting, noon, BUDC/ECIDA, 95 Perry St., Vista Room, Buffalo, followed by the Buffalo Brownfield Restoration Corporation meeting. Confirmations, 362-8367 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seminars and classes
• SCORE, the U.S. Small Business Administration and Medaille College, Simple Steps for Starting Your Business, workshop, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Medaille College, Buffalo Campus, Huber Hall, Room H208, 18 Agassiz Circle, Buffalo. Second in a series of five workshops through November 9. Cost: $125; $75, veterans. Information and required reservations www.BuffaloNiagaraSCORE.org.
• The Erie County Industrial Development Agency Meeting of the Members, 9 a.m., ECIDA Offices, 95 Perry St, 5th Floor, ESD Conference Room, followed by the Buffalo and Erie County Regional Development Corp. Board of Directors meeting, followed by the Buffalo and Erie County Industrial Land Development Corp. meeting of the directors. Call 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• Northtowns Chapter 439 of the National Active & Retired Federal Employees, 1:30 p.m. Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Info: 694-3073.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, Legislative Candidates Meet and Greet, 5:30 p.m., Diamond Hawk Golf Course, 255 Sonwil Drive, Cheektowaga, Reservations 684-5838.
• The Ken-Ton Chamber of Commerce and the Kenmore Merchants Association, Meet the Candidates Night, 6:30-9 p.m., Village Square Catering, 2878 Delaware Ave., Kenmore. Program: Candidates from the Village of Kenmore, Town of Tonawanda and the 3rd & 4th Legislative District will each give a brief presentation. Open forum Q&A will follow. Complimentary light refreshments & a cash bar available. Reservations 874-1202 or email@example.com.
Seminars and classes
• The Small Business Development Center at Niagara County Community College, Intro to QuickBooks workshops, 9 a.m.-noon, NCCC Sanborn campus, Room CA126, 3111 Saunders Settlement Road, Sanborn. Registration 8:45. Cost $79. Register 210-2515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org; information www.niagarasbdc.org.
• The Small Business Development Centers at Niagara County Community College and Jamestown Community College, the Small Business Administration, the Chamber of Commerce of the Tonawandas, and the Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda Chamber of Commerce, free Affordable Care Act seminar, 9:30-11 a.m., DeGraff Community Center, 139 Division St., North Tonawanda. Registration and information, 210-2515 or visit www.niagarasbdc.org for more information.