LITTLE VALLEY – A 29-year-old Olean man faces a state prison term of up to 25 years on his guilty plea before Cattaraugus County Justice Ronald D. Ploetz to first-degree criminal sexual act for sodomizing a 10-year-old girl periodically in the Town of Allegany several years ago.
District Attorney Lori Pettit Rieman said Wednesday that John E. Williams, now in County Jail, had sex with the child periodically from March 2006 through November 2007. He was indicted in April by a Cattaraugus County grand jury on charges of predatory sexual assault of a child, course of sexual conduct on a child and child endangerment. He faces sentencing Nov. 12.
Also this week Ploetz ordered Charles Covert, 48, of Olean, to serve a prison term of two to four years as a predicate felony offender on his convictions for two house burglaries committed between March 29 and Aug. 25, 2010 in the City of Olean. Covert was sentenced as a predicate felon because of several prior state prison terms on burglary and drug-related charges, court officials said.
In other court action:
• Michael G. Burgart, 26, of Honeyoye Falls, was placed on probation for five years, fined $1,000, ordered to perform 60 hours of community service and had his driving privileges revoked for one year after being convicted of driving while intoxicated in the Town of Carrollton Dec. 12, 2011.
• Benjamin C. Goon, 25, of Jamestown, was placed on probation for three years and ordered to perform 50 hours of community service on his conviction for a misdemeanor offense of leaving the scene of a personal injury accident in the Town of Randolph on Oct. 10, 2010.
• Bryant D. Battle, 23, of Olean, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance for an Olean cocaine sale last Sept. 21. Battle faces a possible prison term of up to 25 years at his Nov. 4 sentencing.
• Carlton J. Sayles, 31, no permanent address, faces a prison term of up to 15 years Nov. 4 on his guilty plea to attempted criminal sale of drugs in Olean last Sept. 21 and Sept. 22.
• Jeffrey E. Flint, 41, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child passenger for an Olean incident this past April 6. Flint was also charged with misdemeanor aggravated driving while intoxicated, DWI, aggravated unlicensed driving, failing to stop at a stop sign and child endangerment. Flint had a 14-year-old child in the car with him and had a blood-alcohol level of 0.20 percent, more than twice the legal limit.
• Tracy L. Kightlinger, 41, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with felony aggravated driving while intoxicated, DWI and driving without a license for an Olean arrest March 17 when he had a blood alcohol level of 0.21 per cent.
• Frank M. DiLorenzo, 49, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with a felony count of first-degree reckless endangerment, criminal possession of a weapon and prohibited use of a weapon for a July 18 incident in that city.
• David J. Becker, 45, of Gowanda, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with driving while intoxicated, operating an unregistered vehicle and criminal mischief for a property damage accident April 8 in which police reported his blood-alcohol level was 0.11 percent.
• David C. Benson, 44, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with third-degree criminal sale of a controlled substance for an alleged drug sale in that city June 22, 2012.