Share this article

print logo

South Council candidate search continues

Resumes for the open South District seat on the Buffalo Common Council will be taken through 5 p.m. Monday, Council President Richard A. Fontana said today.

The original deadline for the second round of the search, announced earlier this week by Majority Leader Demone A. Smith, was today at 5 p.m.

So far, a total of five additional people have filed resumes seeking the appointment -- James J. Creahan, Kevin M. Lafferty, Christopher P. Scanlon, Thomas J. Sullivan and Chris Taylor.

Taylor lives in Washington, D.C., and in order to be eligible for the appointment, applicants must have lived in the South District for at least a year.

In an email, Taylor writes, "I think I am just trying to show my frustration with this whole matter. I am not alone."

Fontana said he wanted the period for accepting resumes to be a full five days.

Eleven people submitted resumes in the first round of the search, and six were interviewed by the Council. Here's more history.

--Aaron Besecker
Follow me on Twitter: @BeseckerBN

There are no comments - be the first to comment