1. Who steers the back wheels? The burning question will be answered from 10 a. m. to 4 p. m. Saturdays at the Buffalo Fire Historical Society museum, where the Tiller Simulator Display rules. Get a hands-on feel for firefighting as you "steer" a big rig through city streets -- for free! Kick off Fire Prevention Week, while you're at it. Find the museum at 1850 William St. Questions? Call 892-8400.
2. The kid flicks are coming. The kid flicks are coming:
* Riviera Theatre, 67 Webster St., North Tonawanda -- "Chronicles of Narnia" at 11 a. m. and 2 p. m. Saturday. $2.
* Shea's Performing Arts Center, 646 Main St. -- "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" at 2 p. m. Sunday. Free.
3. Great pumpkins, unite! The Giant Weigh-off hits Pumpkinville at noon to 7 p. m. Sunday as more than 40 megagourds gather to claim the top honor. Find a 10-acre pumpkin patch, cider mill and more at 4830 Sugartown Road in Great Valley. Giant pumpkins must arrive by 11 a. m. (699-2205/www.pumpkinville.com).
4. Experience Scare-assic Park in the dark. One night only: 5 to 9 p. m. Saturday at the Penn Dixie Site in Hamburg. Beware of roaming pirates! Visit a haunted pirate lair and dig for Pirate Morgan's bones. All this fun for $6 a person. (627-4560 or www.penndixie.org).