Share this article

print logo


>Sussex St. man shot in leg after chase on Zenner St.

A Sussex Street man was treated and released from Erie County Medical Center after he was shot in the leg late Monday morning on Zenner Street, Buffalo police reported.

Kaseem Abdul-Bari, 21, was shot in the left leg at about 11:45 a.m.

Abdul-Bari told police he was walking down the street when two men began chasing him. He was shot near 76 Zenner St., and the suspects fled on foot.

A nearby residence was struck numerous times by the gunfire, according to police reports.


>Same person suspected in restaurant break-ins

The same burglar is believed to be responsible for a pair of break-ins at a Kenmore Avenue restaurant in less than a week, Buffalo police reported Monday.

Representatives at Curry's Restaurant, 864 Kenmore Ave., told police that the restaurant was broken into late Sunday or early Monday.

The restaurant also was burglarized between 10:30 p.m. Thursday and 8:45 a.m. Friday, according to reports.

In both incidents, the suspect forced his way into the building and made off with an undetermined sum of cash. He was described as a male with a full beard and a husky build. He wore a gray sweat shirt and dark pants and appeared to be about 35 to 40 years old.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Northwest District detectives at 851-4196 or call the Buffalo police confidential tipline at 847-2255.


>Second man to remain jailed in fatal beating

Agin Richardson, the second man arrested in the fatal beating of a Buffalo auto mechanic in the mechanic's Victoria Avenue home, was ordered Monday to remain jailed without bail on a second-degree murder indictment.

Erie County Judge Sheila A. DiTullio ordered Richardson, 19, of Bailey Avenue, to remain jailed two days after he was picked up on an indictment warrant linked to the fatal beating of Carter Hatch on April 21, 2006.

Darius Harris, 17, of Michigan Avenue, has been jailed without bail since his arrest and arraignment before State Supreme Court Justice John L. Michalski on a second-degree murder indictment in the case Nov. 9.

Homicide prosecutor James F. Bargnesi said the 56-year-old Hatch died Aug. 24 in Erie County Medical Center after being in a coma for a year after being beaten into unconsciousness.


>Copper and brass stolen from Dingens Street site

Police are looking for thieves who stole about $1,500 worth of copper and brass from a Dingens Street business.

A representative from Hawkeye LLC told South District police Monday that burglars entered a fenced yard at 173 Dingens and stole an assortment of brass and copper connectors and coils of wire valued at about $500.

The thieves also broke open an electrical transformer and removed its contents, which were worth about $1,000.

This was the second theft at the work site in just over a year.

In September 2006, thieves stole two 400-pound reels of copper wire from that location. At the time, police said that a chain-link fence around the work site was cut and the copper, valued at about $2,750, was taken.


>Robbers attack man, fire shot in West Side home

A West Side man wrestled with a gunman who had broken into his apartment and fired off a shot Sunday evening.

The home-invasion robbery left the man with a bruised left foot.

Northwest District police said the two burglars entered the man's apartment in the 100 block of Garner Avenue at about 9:45 a.m. Sunday.

One intruder displayed a small black revolver, possibly a BB gun, and fired a single shot, police said.


>Woman averts robbery by fighting attackers

A Buffalo woman averted a gunpoint robbery Sunday afternoon when she began screaming and kicking two men who had attacked her, police said.

Northwest District police said the woman was confronted by two men who knocked her to the ground at 1 p.m. at Hertel Avenue and Tuxedo Place. Police said one of the assailants placed a black gun to her neck, but when the woman began fighting back, the two men left empty-handed.

There are no comments - be the first to comment