Share this article

print logo

Home invaders rob father, son Residence includes parts business

Three men with guns barged in early Tuesday afternoon on a father and son who run an auto parts business from their Kensington Avenue home, looted the place, tied them up and fled, Buffalo police reported.

Because of an alert witness and quick action by Northeast District officers, two men -- Michael Taylor, 20, of Kensington Avenue, and Jamori L. Williams, 28, of Freeman Street -- were arrested a short time later on Orleans Street, according to Michael J. DeGeorge, Buffalo police spokesman.

The three raided the house on Kensington Avenue, not far from Eggert Road, just after 2 p.m. Two of the men had guns. They demanded money from Sathaphone Manikout, 50, a native of Laos who came to the United States in 1980, and his son, Edwar, 26.

"Basically, the door was open, and [the robbers] just walked in," DeGeorge said. "They forced the victims upstairs at gunpoint. They kept asking the father and the son where the money was and where the safe was."

At some point in the robbery, the son was struck with the gun. Eventually, the Manikouts told the robbers the location of the safe. The men tied up the two with rope and took an undetermined amount of money, an X-Box 360, 40 video games, several watches and a diamond ring, police said. Two men fled in an old black pickup truck, while the third man escaped on foot.

Edwar Manikout was taken to Erie County Medical Center, where he received 14 staples in his head. His father was uninjured.

DeGeorge said a witness saw the two men flee in the truck and provided a description that allowed Northeast District Officers John Sanders and Jon Sanak to track down Taylor and Williams walking on Orleans Street.

The pickup had been abandoned and had not been found as of late Tuesday. Also missing were the stolen items. The third robber remained at large.

Williams served more than 2 1/2 years in Attica Correctional Facility for attempted kidnapping and perjury before he was paroled last August, according to state Department of Correctional Services records. Charges against him and Taylor were being processed late Tuesday night.


There are no comments - be the first to comment