Firebombs in market fail to ignite; 3 men sought
Three men tossed four Molotov cocktails into an East Side market early Sunday, but none of the devices ignited, police said. No damage was reported.
Police and fire investigators are looking for the three men, who were spotted running from Zach's Market, 1 Alma Ave., shortly after the incident.
Northeast District police said the three threw the Molotov cocktails through the front door of the store at about 12:20 a.m. Police believe the incident was recorded on the store's surveillance videotape.
Four years ago, a fire in the same building killed a 5-year-old girl.
On July 14, 2003, Larena Brown was found dead after a fire erupted in her family's second-floor apartment. A child playing with fire was thought to have caused that blaze.
Apartment complex fire started by overheated pan
TOWN OF LOCKPORT -- Investigators say that an overheated pan triggered a fire Friday evening that caused $35,000 damage and temporarily displaced a dozen people from a Lincoln Place apartment complex.
The 6 p.m. blaze began in the kitchen of apartment B of the Rosewood Apartments, Niagara County sheriff's deputies said, when a resident tried cooking chicken. The grease caught fire, and flames spread to the walls and ceiling before he was able to attempt to extinguish it.
The man then helped evacuate the building. Crews from the South Lockport and Terry's Corners fire companies responded and doused the flames. No one was hurt.