Share this article

print logo


>Cocaine cases result in prison for 2 men

LOCKPORT -- Two drug dealers were sent to prison Friday in Niagara County Court.

Judge Sara Sheldon Sperrazza imposed a four-year sentence on Stacey M. Lewis, 23, of no fixed address, who sold cocaine in Newfane twice in July 2006. Lewis had pleaded guilty to fifth-degree sale of a controlled substance.

Brandon L. Reyes, 23, of Saunders Settlement Road, Lockport, drew a two-year sentence from Judge Peter L. Broderick Sr., but Broderick recommended him for the state's "shock incarceration" program. Reyes could be paroled in six months if he succeeds in the boot-camp-like program.

Reyes, who got married June 30 and said he plans to move to Texas after he gets out of prison, was arrested June 13, 2006, in Niagara Falls for planning to sell cocaine. He later pleaded guilty to fourth-degree possession.


>Woman arrested after traffic stop

NIAGARA FALLS -- Police said a woman who almost collided with a patrol car while driving was charged Friday with giving a false name and driving without a license.

Lisa Ann Northup, 23, of South Freedom, was charged with criminal impersonation, aggravated unlicensed operation and passing a red light. She was arrested about 9 a.m. on Hyde Park Boulevard at Forest Avenue, police said.

Officer Michael Corcoran said Northup was stopped after she ran a red light at LaSalle Avenue and almost hit his patrol car.


>Falls man admits he sold crack, had role in robbery

LOCKPORT -- Niagara County Judge Peter L. Broderick Sr. imposed a 2 1/2 -year prison sentence Friday on a man who pleaded guilty to selling crack and taking part in the robbery of another alleged drug dealer.

Deron A. Weaver, 21, of Weston Avenue, was one of four Niagara Falls men who pleaded guilty to kicking in the door of a Tudor Lane apartment in Lockport June 3, 2006, beating Rico L. Freeman on the head with a gun and forcing him to drive to Washington Street in Lockport to deliver cocaine. Freeman faces drug charges.

Weaver also sold crack in Niagara Falls on Nov. 2, 2005. He had admitted to fifth-degree sale of a controlled substance and attempted second-degree robbery.

There are no comments - be the first to comment