>Family of 10 flees fire in Dewittville
DEWITTVILLE -- The Red Cross is assisting a family of 10 chased from their East Lake Road home by fire at about 5:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Maple Springs Fire Chief Doug Conroe said the fire began in the chimney of the home at 5477 East Lake and spread to the attic. Conroe said Dewittville was assisted by Stockton, Maple Springs, Mayville, Ashville, Hartfield and Bemus Point fire companies.
"Several departments [were called to assist] because it's a small, tight house where we had to do a very delicate, confined-space entry," Conroe added.
The 10 residents, including six children, fled safely.