Share this article

print logo

TODDLER HURT AFTER FALL INTO VAT OF LIQUID WAX

An 18-month-old boy suffered minor injuries when he fell into hot liquid wax at a local tourist attraction, Niagara Regional Police reported Friday.

The youngster was with his parents and seven siblings at a Clifton Hill attraction Thursday night. The family was in the main foyer, where an interactive station that allows visitors to touch hot liquid wax in a vat.

The toddler, who had been put by his parents on a counter next to the vat, became restless and knocked the lid off the vat and fell partway in, police said.

The youngster was taken to Greater Niagara General Hospital and is expected to make a complete recovery, police said.

Police said they checked the temperature of the wax, which is maintained at a level to prevent burns during human contact.

There are no comments - be the first to comment