Share this article

print logo

WOOD STOVE IS BLAMED IN HARNESS SHOP FIRE

A wood-burning stove was blamed for a smoky fire that struck a harness shop on Ravlin Hill Road between Route 474 and Ten Haken Road at about 8:10 a.m. Monday.

Clymer Fire Chief "Butch" Querreveld said that by the time firefighters arrived, the fire had spread to the attic of the two-story structure, through the chimney of the wood stove.

A home in front of the harness shop was not damaged, Querreveld said. A damage total was unavailable.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze in about an hour, officials said.

Clymer, Sherman and Panama volunteers were called to the scene, along with Chautauqua County fire coordinators.

There are no comments - be the first to comment