Share this article

print logo

SPACE HEATER BLAMED FOR EGGERTSVILLE FIRE

A space heater that overloaded an electrical outlet has been blamed for a blaze Sunday morning that damaged an Amherst house, Amherst Fire Control reports.

Fire officials said the homeowner reported the fire in the basement at 129 Greenaway Road at about 4:40 a.m. Eggertsville Fire Company volunteers found the basement full of smoke.

Firefighters contained the blaze to the basement, but smoke damage spread throughout the home. Damage was estimated at $75,000 to the building and $50,000 to the contents.

There are no comments - be the first to comment