Share this article

print logo

DEPEW STUDENT SUSPENDED IN BOMB THREAT INCIDENT

Depew School District officials Thursday confirmed that a 13-year-old eighth-grader at the middle school was suspended last month after he admitted leaving a note in the cafeteria that threatened a bombing at the school.

Interim Assistant Superintendent George Morse said school officials were alerted to the note by another student who found it March 8. Pupils were evacuated from the middle school to the adjacent high school and bomb-sniffing dogs were brought to the campus.

Morse said the youngster, accompanied by his parents, took responsibility for the prank note the following day.

"This didn't seem to rise anywhere to the level of the situation they had at Sweet Home (High School)," Morse said Thursday.

Sweet Home School District officials, with the help of Amherst police, recently uncovered a Columbine-style plot by a 15-year-old Sweet Home High School student who is currently being held in an Erie County youth detention facility.

Morse said the Depew Middle School youngster was suspended and has since returned to school. Morse said criminal charges are pending in Erie County Family Court.

There are no comments - be the first to comment