Share this article

print logo

FIRE IN CLOTHES DRYER SENDS MAN TO HOSPITAL

Firefighters in Ransomville and Olcott fought separate blazes Friday morning.

A man was treated for smoke inhalation as the result of a smoky fire linked to a dryer in a home at 2062 Lockport-Olcott Road, Olcott, which broke out about 3 a.m.

Olcott firefighters contained the fire to the dryer and the resident was treated in Newfane Inter-Community Memorial Hospital for smoke inhalation, Niagara County Deputy Roger Schreader said.

The man's wife said she put clothing in the dryer at 2 a.m. and left the house, officials said.

Meanwhile, about 1:15 a.m., fire damaged a garage at 1870 Youngstown-Lockport Road, Ransomville.

The garage contained a tractor, motorcycle, two all-terrain vehicles, lawnmower, inflatable boat and $30,000 worth of tools, Niagara County Sheriff's Deputy Robert J. Frank said. The extent of the damage was unavailable.

Ransomville firefighters extinguished the blaze after a neighbor spotted flames shooting from the garage, officials said.

James C. Volkosh, county fire coordinator, said the fire was likely accidental.

There are no comments - be the first to comment