1. Is it true or false that all New York and American Stock Exchange ticker symbols are either two- or three-letter combinations?
2. What is a "grubstake"?
3. A wild ox of Asia, often domesticated as a beast of burden, is called a y__. Complete the last word.
4. In the movie "The Kid From Brooklyn," is Danny Kaye a photographer, bricklayer, portrait painter or boxer?
5. What was the name of the character played on television by Fred Grandy, later a member of Congress from Iowa and now a radio broadcaster?
6. What all-time popular singer had the signature song "Some of These Days"?
7. Name Blondie's favorite department store, in the "Blondie" comic strip.
8. "Guaco" refers to any of several South American ...
9. What day of the week includes the name of a Roman god?
10. In what year did the Korean War start?
11. The first pinch-hit home run in World Series play was hit in 1947. By whom?
1. False. Some symbols are single-letters and some have more than three letters.
2. Money or supplies provided in advance for an enterprise.
5. Grandy portrayed Burl (Gopher) Smith on "Love Boat."
6. Sophie Tucker.
9. Saturday, for Saturn.
10. It began in June 1950.
11. Yogi Berra of the New York Yankees.