* The Greater Buffalo-Niagara Regional Transportation Council Planning and Coordinating Committee, 9:30 a.m., Erie County Public Works Department, Conference Room, 45 Oak St. Call 856-2026.
* The National Association of Women Business Owners, November meeting, 5:30 p.m., Sonoma Grille, 5050 Main St., Williamsville. Topic: "The Home Office: Can a Home-Based Business Compete?" presented by Karen Foster, IRS; Suzanne Reusch, New York state, and Nicole Fiorella, Briand Fiorella Search. Cost, $20 members; $25 nonmembers. Call Nicole Fiorella, 632-5520 or e-mail: Nicole@bfisearch.com.
Seminars and classes
* The Buffalo-Niagara Chapter of SCORE and the U.S. Small Business Administration, "Marketing and Advertising Your Products" workshop, 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Federal Building, Room 1520, 111 West Huron St. Cost, $25. Call 551-4301 or visit www.scorebuffalo.org.
* The Buffalo Niagara World Trade Center, "Your Global Business Strategy: Moving from the Tactical to the Strategic," 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m., WNED Studios, 140 Lower Terrace. Speaker: R. David Nelson, vice president Global Supply Management, Delphi Corp. and co-author of "The Purchasing Machine: How the Top Ten Companies Use Best Practices to Manage Their Supply Chains." Cost $200 WTCBN members; $250 nonmembers. Call WTCBN, 852-7160 or visit: www.wtcbn.org.
* The Women's Business Center at Canisius College, free Business Planning session for current and potential small business owners, noon-1 p.m., Demerly Hall, Canisius College, 2365 Main St. Call 888-6650.
The Buffalo Niagara Travel Professionals named Coleencq Czechowski, director of sales, Beaver Hollow Conference Center, president of its board of directors for the 2004-2006 term. Other officers: Vice president, Judith Holbok, sales manager, Buffalo Niagara Marriot and membership, Pat Flanders, owner, Beho Tours and Travel.
The accounting firm of Lumsden and McCormick named Elizabeth A. Moon a staff accountant in the Buffalo firm's Tax Department. A graduate of Medaille College, Moon was previously with Clark and Koller, a certified accounting firm in Williamsville.
The accounting firm of Tronconi Segarra and Hore promoted Michael B. Dolan and Andrew J. Toth to principals in the firm's Tax Department. A graduate of Ithaca College, Dolan joined the firm in 1999 after serving as a tax and audit supervisor with a regional public accounting firm in Ithaca.Toth, who joined the firm in 1996, served as a corporate accountant with a Fortune 500 manufacturing company and a controller for an area printer. Also, the firm promoted Mark A. Ferm to principal in the Accounting and Auditing Department.
Ferm was an accounting and auditing manager with PricewaterhouseCoopers before joining the Williamsville firm in 2001.
Hodgson Russ partners Karl W. Kristoff, David A. Farmelo and Jerome D. Schad presented at the New York State School Boards Association 85th annual Convention and Educational Trade Show recently at the Buffalo Convention Center. The three are members of the Buffalo law firm's Education Law Practice Group.
Morgan Stanley Consulting Services Group senior vice president and senior consultant Louis R. Licata recently completed advanced studies at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Licata was selected for this program because he is a senior consultant at the agency, a title awarded only to financial advisers who demonstrate dedication to building their consulting business.
DBA's, or "Doing Business As," are names reserved by people who are doing or plan to do business under names other than their own. The names are filed with the Erie County Clerk's Office.
These names were filed between Oct. 25-29:
A Fair Deal
1964 Como Park Blvd., Lancaster 14086
Filer(s): Cynthia` Mckee
A-1 Hair Solution
10255 Main St., Clarence 14031
Filer(s): Jerry Schweinlein
Charlie Michaux Records
PO Box 214, Buffalo 14207
Filer(s): Charles Michaux
Classic Antiques & Collectibles
PO Box 695, Grand Island 14072
Filer(s): Nolan Allen
Classic Window Film
PO 104, North Evans 14112
Filer(s): Alan Hazard
2241 Woodard Rd., Elma 14059
Filer(s): Craig Barry
Family Man Handy Man
2 Ashton, Buffalo 14220
Filer(s): Nicholas Delmont
2820 William St., Cheektowaga 14227
Filer(s): Barbara Zwick
9285 Hunting Valleys, Clarence 14031
Filer(s): Lynn Ritchie
Central Park PO 1658, Buffalo 14215
Filer(s): Gregory Davis
Juice Box (the)
1175 East Ferry St., Buffalo 14215
Filer(s): Michael Banks
8281 Sheridan Dr., Williamsville 14221
Filer(s): Karen Braun
KDP Heating & Cooling
1245 Main St. Ste 486, Buffalo 14215
Filer(s): Kevin Peterson
69 Cascade Dr., Amherst 14228
Filer(s): Scott Gilmour
Ny Country Internet Services
13 Old Mill Circle, Elma 14059
Filer(s): Paul Penner
59 Jackson Ave., Lackawanna 14218
Filer(s): Michael Parent
Barzman, Kasimov and Vieth, a comprehensive dentistry service provider with three Western New York locations, introduced Chair sidecq Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, a new technology that provides patients with one-hour turnaround for crowns, inlays and veneers. CEREC 3D is a state-of-the-art CAD/CAM system that enables dentists to restore damaged teeth in a single appointment. All the work, including the design and milling of new ceramic material, is done in-house at BKV's Amherst office. The ceramic blocks used in the milling process are manufactured by Ivoclar Vivadent, headquartered in Amherst.
The Lord Amherst Hotel, located at 5000 Main St., completed the installation of its wireless network. Guests with laptop computers will be able to access the network in all of the hotel's 96 rooms.
Title: "Compressed gas stream introduction method and filling station"
Inventors: White, Norman Henry (Tonawanda, NY)
Assignee: Praxair Technology, Inc. (Danbury, CT)
Date issued: Nov. 2, 2004