The parents of two 11-year-old boys whose frozen bodies were found in a snowy field after they skipped class and guzzled vodka have sued the school district for $4 million.
The wrongful death lawsuit claims the Ronan School District failed to protect Justin Benoist and Frankie Nicolai III and did not hire enough American Indian staff members, who would be "sympathetic to the problem of alcoholism and alcohol disease prevention."
The boys disappeared Feb. 27 after they skipped afternoon classes. A friend found their bodies three days later.
Frankie, whose blood-alcohol level was .50 percent, died of alcohol poisoning while Justin died of a combination of alcohol poisoning and hypothermia.
Justin's 14-year-old brother, Tyler, was found dead of smoke inhalation in a burned trailer last November. Authorities said he passed out from drinking and had a high level of alcohol in his blood.