Share this article

print logo

WHEATFIELD FIRE LINKED TO SPONTANEOUS IGNITION

The spontaneously combustion of mulch pile by a porch was the apparent cause of a fire Wednesday which did $2,000 damage to an apartment building at 6915 Witmer Road, sheriff's deputies said.

The fire started at 10:44 a.m. and was confined by Adams and St. Johnsburg volunteer firefighters to the southwest corner of the porch, deputies said. Deputies said they evacuated the building when the first arrived at the scene. No injuries were reported.

There are no comments - be the first to comment