Share this article

print logo


Six boys, ages 5 to 13, are suspected in an attack on an 8-year-old girl who police say was forced into an abandoned house and gang-raped.

The attack occurred on Sept. 7 or 8 but wasn't reported to police until last week by the victim's mother, police said Monday.

The girl was playing outside her home when she was attacked. Four of the six suspects raped her, police said.

Her brother heard her cries for help and tried to come to her aid, but at least two of the suspects stopped him. He then left to get an older brother, who was able to rescue her, said police spokesman Michael Jordan.

No arrests have been made, but three suspects were questioned at an elementary school Monday morning and the others were being sought.

The girl apparently knew her attackers. "They may not have been friends, but they weren't absolute strangers," Jordan said. "It doesn't appear that it was random."

There are no comments - be the first to comment