Share this article

print logo

PULL IN YOUR FANGS

Planning to go to the Munich beer festival this year? Just don't dance on the tables. A 28-year-old man who did was bitten in the calf by an unknown woman and contracted a nasty infection that can be fatal, the Lancet medical journal said. The patient developed necrotizing fasciitis -- an infamous flesh-eating disease. The man required surgery and a skin transplant. "Human bites are usually more serious and prone to infection than those inflicted by animals," the doctors wrote.

There are no comments - be the first to comment