Melvin E. Ullrich, 86, of Delray Beach, Fla., an owner of the former B.A.W. Construction Co. in Buffalo, died Aug. 26, 1999, in Bethesda Memorial Hospital, Boynton Beach, Fla., after a brief illness.
Born in Buffalo, he attended School 63 and was a graduate of Bennett High School and the University of Michigan.
He worked as a letter carrier for the Post Office during World War II and later became part owner of B.A.W. Construction, which built many commercial and public buildings here in the 1950s and 1960s, including Sisters Hospital and the North Campus of the University at Buffalo. He retired when the company closed in 1972.
A resident of the Town of Tonawanda for many years, he moved to Delray Beach in 1974.
He was active in Ancient Landmarks Lodge 441, F&AM, and Ellicott Creek Fire Company.
He and Evelyn Parsons were married in 1936.
In addition to his wife, survivors include three sons, Melvin Jr. of Rotondo, Fla., Jack of Wellington, Fla., and Bruce of Lantana, Fla.; seven grandchildren; and two great-granddaughters.
A memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Sept. 18 in Palms West Funeral Home, Royal Palm Beach, Fla.