Four fire companies responded to a chimney fire Monday at the Joyce Quarcini residence, 6909 Sy Road.
Bergholz Fire Company Chief Dennis Stoelting said his men were joined by volunteers from the Adams, St. Johnsburg, and Frontier fire companies. He said damage was confined to the attic and ceiling area of the two-story home.
Stoelting said the 10:30 a.m. blaze was apparently triggered by "faulty installation of piping from a wood stove" to the chimney. He said the rafters of the home caught fire first. Firefighters remained on the scene for 2 1/2 hours.