Share this article

print logo


A candle next to a bed set a mattress on fire, seriously burning a Jamestown man Tuesday night.

Christopher Allen, 24, of Colfax Street was listed in serious condition Wednesday in Erie County Medical Center. He suffered burns to his hands and arms.

Assistant Fire Chief Lance Hedlund said firefighters were called just before 8 p.m.

"We found smoke in the third floor apartment. Christopher Allen was out of the apartment. We ventilated the smoke and confined the fire to a living room in that apartment," Hedlund said.

There were smoke and water damage to the first- and second-floor apartments, but no other injuries. The house is owned by Macy Bailey, who lives on the first floor.

There are no comments - be the first to comment