Share this article

print logo

HEAT LAMPS FOR PIGS SUSPECTED IN BARN FIRE

Niagara County sheriff's deputies said heat lamps used to keep baby pigs warm may have caused a fire that destroyed a 32-by-64-foot one-story barn at 2572 Drum Road shortly after 4 a.m. today.

The farm owner, Richard Heschke, discovered the blaze and managed to free some of the 140 pigs from the barn.

Deputy Peter Cocco said a tractor, 500 bushels of oats and 2,000 bushels of hay were lost.

There are no comments - be the first to comment