Share this article

print logo

HOT PLATE, WIRING BLAMED FOR TWO HOUSE FIRES IN CITY

An overheated hot plate was the cause of a fire in a 2 1/2 -story house on Kensington Avenue today, fire officials said.

The fire began at 6:40 a.m. at 1061 Kensington, causing an estimated $15,000 in damages, officials said.

Defective electrical wiring was blamed for causing another fire at 599 E. Ferry St. at 6:23 a.m., authorities said.

That fire caused an estimated $6,000 in damages to the 2 1/2 -story house.

No injuries were reported in either fire.

There are no comments - be the first to comment