Known for decades as "the white church in Patchin," the Berean Baptist Church, 8435 Old State Road, Town of Boston, was built around 1842 by a Universalist Church congregation.
Beginning in 1931, the Greek Revival style, wood-frame structure was rented from the Universalists by the congregation of the Boston Community Church. The latter group bought the building in 1950 and dug a basement beneath it.
After the Community Church merged with another congregation, the Town of Boston purchased the building in 1962 for use as a Town Hall. It was sold to an antiques dealer in 1974 when the town completed a new Town Hall directly across the road.
The 30-member Berean Baptist congregation bought the building in 1988.