Share this article

print logo

2 FAMILIES LEFT HOMELESS FOLLOWING KEHR ST. BLAZE

Two families -- three adults and two children -- were left homeless Wednesdaynight by a fire that destroyed a 2 1/2 -story frame house at 93 Kehr St.

Fire Department officials said the fire was caused by "children playing with a cigarette lighter" in an upstairs room. The lighter ignited a mattress and the fire spread.

The fire caused $40,000 damage to the two-family home and $20,000 to its contents, firefighters said.

The fire was reported at 7:11 p.m. The Red Cross provided lodging for the
occupants.

There are no comments - be the first to comment