Share this article

print logo

PROPANE LEAK SPARKS FIRE AT GRAND ISLAND LABORATORY

An overturned tank that leaked propane and caught on fire Tuesday caused an unspecified amount of damage at a Grand Island pharmaceutical laboratory.

There were no injuries as a result of the fire at Lypho Med at 3159 Staley Road, a fire dispatcher said.

The fire was reported at 2:42 p.m., after a forklift knocked over a propane tank. The tank leaked propane, which apparently ignited.

Firefighters succeeded in controlling the blaze and avoiding an explosion, despite the presence of several 100-pound propane tanks at the one-story building.

Some damage was reported to the floor of the building.

There are no comments - be the first to comment