Share this article

print logo

3-YEAR-OLD WITH LIGHTER BLAMED FOR CELORON FIRE

A 3-year-old child playing with a cigarette lighter was blamed for a fire Monday that damaged an upstairs apartment at 21 E. Chadakoin St.

Celoron Fire Chief Ronald Hasson said Laurie Schreckengost called in the alarm about 8:30 a.m., then fled with her three young children.

Volunteer firefighters from Celoron and Lakewood confined most of the damage to the kitchen, although officials noted the apartment was filled with smoke.

There are no comments - be the first to comment