Share this article

print logo

WALTER J. MAHONEY STATE OFFICE BUILDING

The Walter J. Mahoney State Office Building, at 65 Court St., seen here from its Niagara Square side, got its name in 1982, 50 years after it was completed.

Designed by architects Albert B. Green & Son with the aid of Albert Hart Hopkins, it was built from 1928 through 1932 to serve New York's office needs. It was rededicated to commemorate Mahoney, a powerful state legislator from Buffalo who served for nearly 30 years, then served on the Appellate Division of State Supreme Court until his death in 1982 at age 73.

There are no comments - be the first to comment